CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Batter Up!

This past Saturday & Sunday you attended your first baseball games! Daddy had a double header Saturday again D&E & another 9 inning game against them on Sunday. It was a beautiful day Saturday so I got you ALL decked out in your Wesleyan gear. You were the Bobcat Baby!

As soon as we walked in the gate people started coming up to us. Is that Kinsley? Is this the Ripley Baby? Is this Coach Rip's?! People I didn't even know were talking to me as if they'd known me their entire lives. I had to start asking people who they were! Even the D&E fans were coming to see you.

Josie & Sophia came to the game too to watch Sophia's Daddy, Gary. It was so nice to those girls again. Sophia is getting so big! She's starting to talk a lot too. She said 'ba ba ba ba ba ba ba' the entire game I swear! She tried to hold your hand & touch you.. I'm pretty sure you kicked her starting fussing. Silly girl! You were nicer later! haha.

Daddy won the first game & lost the second. Mommy was so tired & sore Saturday night & Sunday from holding you so much. It was raining on Sunday so we waited awhile to go to the games. We got there around the 3rd inning. You were so good again. The catchers parents (Will Blankenship) were working the concession stand. His dad came over & asked to hold you & took you in the concession stand. Next thing I knew, his wife had you & you were passed out!! She came over & put you in your stroller.

Wesleyan lost that game too :( I felt bad for Daddy because that was his alma mater & I knew how much he would have loved to sweep 'em. Oh well, maybe next year! After the game, while everyone was leaving, EVERYONE commented on how good you were. They couldn't believe how pleasant you were for 3 1/2 months. I'm so proud of you. Daddy was so happy to see us at the games, especially you. I took you down the 3rd baseline a few times through the games so you could see Daddy. He'd come over & give you kisses once in awhile. He loves you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment