CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Winding down

Mommy is so bad about posting lately, baby. I am so sorry. Between work & Daddy being gone most nights.. I just haven't had time. Especially because when we're home, I don't like to get on the computer. That's my time to spend with you to make up for being gone during the day. Even more so when Daddy's home. The 3 of us don't get to spend as much time together as I'd like right now.










May 8th:

Like I said, things have been crazy so we haven't had much time to do a whole lot other than baseball games. We did get to celebrate my first mothers day! Daddy went & got me breakfast (McDonalds). He had to run to the office & the field to take care of some things because it was the last regular season games. He's a busy man. You sent me flowers to the office on Friday. Daddy said you saved all the money in your piggy bank for them. He's so sweet. Obviously he had a lot to do it because all your money is still in piggy! ;)



Wesleyan had a double header at 3pm. You guys got me a card with a 'new mom' button on it that I wore all day. You also got me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. It's on back order though. I can't wait to get it!! Everyone at the games just love you... even the opposing teams fans. WVWC played Ohio Valley that day. You were so good.. as always. Everyone tells me all the time how good you are. I love you for it.



May 12-15:

Mommy had to go to the Ohio Valley to present at Bishop Donahue & Brooke High School's award ceremonies. Daddy was leaving that day too for BlockquoteBeckley for conference championships. Grammy met us in Wheeling then we headed to McMechan. You guys came inside BDHS with me. You got to meet Amber from Jesuit & Ryan from WVU. They were so excited to see you because they traveled with me while I was pregnant with you. Things were about to begin so Grammy sat with you in the back while Mommy got ready to present. I kept turning around to see how you were doing & you were just sitting on Grammy's lap. Luckily I got to present & leave within 15 minutes. You did great! I was SO proud of you!!!

Grammy & Grandpa watched you that night while Mommy went to Brooke to present at 7pm. You were really well behaved while I was gone. You had a photoshoot too! Grammy found a dress that was mine when I was a baby & she put it on you. She even sat you on an old blanket that I sat on in the same dress for pictures. We'll have to get the picture of me sometime & put them side by side. How neat though!


The next day Aunt Jacki held you & managed to put you to sleep & you slept for a good while. When you woke up, I fed you & me, you & Grammy went shopping at the Highlands in Wheeling. Again, as always.. you were amazing! I can't believe what a well behaved baby I have! We went to see Pap Friday night. We got another picture of the 2 of you. He just loves seeing you!




Saturday we got up early & got you all dressed up because big cousin Gina was graduating from college. I can't believe it.. for 2 reasons... 1.) I feel like that was just me. It's only been 2 years since I graduated but it seems like forever ago. I feel old! haha. 2.) Gina has always been like my little sister. It's unreal to me. Your Grammy said on the way over, "who would have thought that all 3 of you would be graduated from college [me, Stevie & Gina] & you'd have a baby?". Definitely not me.. it's amazing.
Mommy dressed you up in your pretty daisy outfit from Gymboree. I saw it online last year marked down & showed Grammy. We just had to buy it for you. It's one of the first outfits you ever got. I love it! It was so nice to be back at my alma mater & to see so many familiar faces. I sat on the end in case I had to leave with you.. you were UNREAL. You ate, you napped, you watched EVERYTHING. You never cried, never fussed & I never had to leave. Have I mentioned what a good baby you are?!?! For 2 hours you were just such a good girl!

We all went out to eat at Cheddar's afterward. It was so nice to get to spend some time with everyone. Everyone just passed you around. You love it & just smiled & laughed the whole time! When we got home we took tons of pictures of you.
We didn't do much. You actually slept a good while while I packed. We left Dillonvale around noon. Daddy & the Bobcats went 2-1 in Beckly & therefore didn't make the championship. They were headed back too & ended up just being a little bit behind us once we got to Weston. You basically slept the whole way home & hardly fussed. THANK YOU! Mommy hates when you scream & it's just the 2 of us on these long drives because I can't do much about it :( I had almost everything unpacked by the time Daddy got in. He didn't feel well at all & slept from about 6-8:30. I woke him up & he went to bed until the next morning.. poor Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment