CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sick Mama

Oh Kinsley. Last night wasn't the best we've ever had, that's for sure. Mommy slowly got a sore throat throughout the work day. So by the time I came to pick you up... it was pretty bad & I wasn't feeling great. We came home, I put you in your swing & you fell asleep. Meanwhile, I immediately got in comfy clothes & was ready to attack this thing. I gargled my salt water, made my hot tea with lots of honey, took a Tylenol & went to spray my throat. Bad news, Daddy had a sore throat last week (I think I picked it up from him), & he finished the throat spray. I wanted it so bad but I didn't want to wake you & we were about to get a big storm. I decided to suck it up. So for dinner, I had chicken noodle soup & a strawberry Luigi. All I wanted to do was go to bed. With a baby, I realize that's can't be done, especially since Daddy wasn't there to be with you. So I resorted for the couch, but you weren't having it. You didn't nap long & were especially cranky. The only thing that would satisfy you was me standing up & holding you. You wouldn't even take your binky. I wanted to cry, but I sucked it up. Finally around 8:30, you were happy to sit on my lap on the couch & watch the 'Jersey Shore Reunion' show with me. In a year or 2, trust me, you will NOT be watching such shows!!! We were in bed by 9:40. I was sooooooo tired & just hoped to feel better in the morning. I do feel a little better today. My throat still hurts but not as bad. I gargled first thing & brought some hot tea with lots of honey to work. It's sooooo ugly outside though. Yesterday, it was sunny & 75 degrees. Today, POURING rain & like 39 degrees. Ughh.. I just wish we could all crawl in bed together for the day & just stay there. I really hope you don't get sick. As hard as it is, I've been making an effort to only kiss you on the head. It's supposed to warm up by the end of the week, but still rain. I know April shows bring May flowers but GEESH.. we're going to have to build an ark soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment