CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Catching up

Oh my goodness, I've been horrible about blogging, pumpkin. Ever since the new job & Grammy's passing, I've felt so overwhelmed. I've been so busy at work & we're trying to get adjusted to our new daily schedule. Plus, it's been so nice having Daddy around more in the evenings that I actually didn't even turn on my laptop at home for a whole week (that's unheard of for me)! And, I miss you so much during the day, I just want us to all spend undistracted time together while we're home in the evenings.


(This was taken Friday night (4/1). Mimi & Grandpa came to stay the night & to babysit Saturday because Daddy & I had to work. We were getting ready to go to dinner & Daddy had baseball on. You were really into it as you can see. I think it made Daddy happy!)

You were such a good girl while we were back in the Valley for the funeral. We were there from Wednesday night & left Sunday morning. It was so nice to have you there because I think it brought everyone some joy during such a sad time, especially to your Grandpa. That makes me happy. Everyone was so excited to see you & couldn't believe how big you'd gotten in the 5 weeks they'd gone without seeing you. You even got to meet some new family & friends like your Aunt Renee & Uncle Justin, Aunt Sue, Jordan, Morgan and our old neighbor Lori. You've even started to take a liking to the pack 'n play so we had that set up in the living room for you. You would just lay there with your 'Benny Bear' & just talk & talk. You're so cute!
Now that we're back in the swing of things we're starting to get better & better with our morning routine. You really like it at Paula's & they just LOVE you! You seem to be having a lot of fun. Another thing you've taken a liking to lately, your pacifier. I have mixed emotions about this. I didn't want you to get used to it so I try to just give it to you.. as needed. It's funny how you hated it & now you take it like it's no big deal. Whatever baby wants, baby gets!.. for now at least.The latest drama of last week was your lack of a poopy diaper. Mommy was so nervous. You hadn't pooped since we came back to Buckhannon. I called the doctor on Wednesday & they said to just wait it out. This is so unlike you, but you weren't the slightest bit cranky. That night I bought you some apple/prune juice to try & help the process. YOU LOVED IT! By 6pm the next day, you had a POOOOOOPY diaper. Daddy sang a poopy diaper song.. we were so excited. I texted Paula to let her know, she said, "Whoo hoo! Go Kinsley! Who'd ever think we'd be so excited for poop?!" But we were... you've been making up for lost time ever since... yikes!


Also, on Thursday you LAUGHED for the first time! You've done it about 4 times since.. it's so cute but I'm the only one that has witnessed it. I can't wait for you to do it for Daddy. Speaking of Daddy, he's in Charleston today & tomorrow with the golf team. It was just you & I last night, we watched the ACM awards together. You literally, watched them. It was ADORABLE! You've also started holding things in your hands in the last week or so. Saturday night I was folding laudry while you sat in your bouncy so I gave you some socks to hold. When Daddy took you out to get ready for bed, you wouldn't let go! This morning I had to get myself & you ready, get you to Paula's & get myself to work. I was nervous if I'd be able to pull it all off without Daddy's assistance, remember everything & get to work on time. I was 12 minutes early!... yessss! Anyway, I miss you baby doll & I can't wait to pick you up this afternoon. I don't know how it's possible but everyday I love you more & more.

No comments:

Post a Comment