CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

6 weeks

Monday, February 28th



I can't believe it's been 6 weeks. 6 weeks & 3 days since you've been born. You've changed so much. I have cherished every moment I've gotten to spend with you while I was home. Unfortunately, I'm back to work. You're at home with Grammy. It's 1:30 & I've called at least 5 times already to check on you & see what you're doing.

This morning you were playing on your jungle gym playmat. Grammy said you were smiling. I got off the phone & began crying in my office. I miss you so much. I miss that smile, those coos & your precious face. You've grown so much in the last 6 weeks.

In 6 weeks you've taught me so much. Most importantly, the importance of life. There is so much more meaning to life than I realized before. I've learned to cherish the little things, the precious moments; all of our time together, the 3 of us. I love our little family.

Yesterday, you went for your first walk. It was such a warm, sunny & beautiful day for the end of February is central West Virginia. You had so much fun. We were gone for over an hour & you were awake the entire time. Daddy put your Ohio State beanie on your little head to keep you warm. The basketball team played at 4:00 against Indiana. They won. You're the reason, in my mind!
I can't wait to go home & see you, hug you, smother you with kisses & hear about all the fun things you did today! The hardest part about leaving isn't so much the aching in my heart. It's more about you. I don't want you to wonder where I am. I'm afraid you think I've abandoned you. I'll be home soon, I promise. I just got you into a daily routine you seem to be comfortable with, I don't want to mess you up. I miss Daddy coming home from lunch for an hour just to see you & so the 3 of us can be together. Did I mention I miss you? (I'm struggling to fight back the tears).

In 6 weeks your eyes have gotten brighter & your smile bigger. Speaking of bigger, you're growing soo much. Over 12 pounds now! Oh, and last night, you slept through the entire night for the first time! Daddy & I couldn't believe it, I still can't. I'm so proud of you. 6 weeks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment