CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First night without Daddy

Wednesday, March 2nd

Daddy had to leave for North Carolina for an Admissions conference yesterday. He came home to grab his things & see you real quick before he left. Grammy said he gave me a bunch of kisses. Daddy said you were being a good girl. When Mommy got to town after work he hadn't left just yet, so I was able to see him too. That me be SO happy.

It was my first night with you, without Daddy. Although Grammy was there to help, I was nervous of how things would go through the night, if you realized he was gone. First of all, I mastered the "Swaddle Me". Daddy is the professional swaddler & swaddles you every night. Mommy gets frustrated because I never do it right & you pop right out. Last night, I got it on the first try!!! You were asleep by 10:50. You woke a little before 5am, ate briefly & went right back to sleep until after 8.

You were so precious this morning. I couldn't believe it was after 8 & you weren't up yet (Mommy didn't have to go to work until noon). I heard you fussing but didn't think you were awake. I looked in your bassinet. You were laying there, wide-eyed, with the sun shining on your little face. I went over to you to say 'good morning'.. you gave me the biggest smile. I caught a picture of it on my cell phone & sent it to Daddy (I'll post it soon). He texted back & said 'It made my day".

It was great getting to spend a few hours with you this morning. I fed you twice, you played for awhile & talked to me. Then, you fell asleep on my chest for awhile. I had to hand you off to Grammy so I could shower. Then, you woke & ate just before I left. I put you in your bouncy so I could head out. You were SO happy. I gave you a bunch of kisses & were talking so much. I hated to leave... I love those precious moments with you. Daddy comes home tomorrow night.. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment