CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Last day

Well, I guess I've come full circle. It's time to turn the page on an amazing part of my life. It's my last day as an Admissions Counselor at Alderson-Broaddus College. I can't believe it. I've learned so much, have done & seen so many things, & have met SOOO many incredible people since starting here September 1, 2009.



(Wearing purple to raise awareness for Pancreatic Cancer. You were in mommy's belly here.. 8 months pregnant. Kim & Dyanna were missing from this picture)


So many times that first year I questioned why I was in Philippi, WV. I always said I was moving south, going to Florida where it was warm. Central West Virginia, in the mountains, where it snows.. constantly.. what am I doing here?! The chain of events that led me here, I still can't wrap my mind around. Against all odds, I followed my heart, went with my gut & made the move to this foreign place where I knew not a soul! I was ready to move away, be on my own, provide for myself and become even more independent.

One thing led to another & I met your Daddy through Admissions. My director was Daddy's Admissions Counselor at Davis & Elkins when he was applying to college. By the first part of 2010 I realized I was in love with him & in May we found out I was pregnant. At work, I requested to stop traveling Ohio but to be in-state.
(Wearing green in support of agriculture)

By September I received an email from Daddy saying one of the girls in their office was leaving & that I was recommended to fill her position. I couldn't believe it! I was so proud of myself for having made such an impression on people after just a year of counseling. I decided with our litle baby on the way.. I had to go for it. I wouldn't be traveling as much, it offered more opportunity, Daddy & I would see each other more, AND.. I'd be closer to you. After we spent several days discussing it, I knew it was the best decision for our family.. I immediately applied.

I interviewed in October & in November, I got the call. I was driving on the interstate from Charleston to Barboursville, WV when I got the call from John. I GOT THE JOB! John sent me the nicest email mentioning that I was one of the best applicants they had had in quite sometime. Again, I was so proud of myself. I accepted the job the next day.

To have been given such an amazing opportunity at A-B was incredible. Again, just another piece of the puzzle in our lives that was the makings of 'someone else'. We're definitely watched over Kinsley, there's no doubt about it. I'm just so happy that I'm going to be closer to you & traveling less so I can spend more time with you. I'm so excited for what opportunity lies ahead.
(The office minus Dyanna who was home sick)

(Burbick Hall where my office was located with a beautiful view)

I cried as I shut my office for the last time with all of my belongings in tow. It was so surreal that that was the last time it would be MY office. There are so many things I'm going to miss about that place.. my coworkers being at the top of that list. Again, I'm so thankful for that opportunity. Without it, I NEVER would have met Daddy. I am so lucky & so extremely blessed.


Two of the most humbling part of the day.. Erica told me something that Matt said to her in private. "I'm not mad that she's leaving, I'm mad that our rival is getting such a great counselor." The office threw me a nice luncheon too, complete with Subway sandwiches, Minestrone soup, deviled eggs, meat & cheese, chips & cupcakes. Afterward we took a group picture & Kim made a super sweet facebook status: "Congratuations WVWC, you're getting one of our best, Leah Blazeski." How lucky am I?..

Kinsley, always remember that if you work hard, do your best & be kind to people... it pays off in the end. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

No comments:

Post a Comment