CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day

Thursday, February 17th 2011

Other than meeting your Daddy & your birth, this was one of the best days of my life. It was such a warm, sunny, beautiful day. You were taking a nap while I was getting caught up on some housework. I got a text message from your Daddy around 2:20pm that read, "Ps... you and Kinsley need to be ready for an outdoor adventure when I get home!! No questions just go with it!! Bring your camera."

So at 4:30, we did just that. We were all ready to go. Daddy picked us up & we were headed east to Elkins. I was so confused. Daddy drove right through Elkins & hung a left. Where were we headed?! We ended up in a National Forest, heading up a dirt road as wide as the car, on the side of a mountain (I later found out this was called Bickle's Knob). Suddenly, the road was covered in snow & ice.. it was horrible! I'm usually never afraid of these conditions, but with you in the car, a thousand scenarios were running through my head. Getting stuck, no cell service, no one knew where we were, freezing, bears, going over the cliff... you name it! I kept looking down, covering my eyes & talking to you to get through. You were just gazing out the window like it was no big deal.

We got to a clearing & Daddy turned around the car around because the conditions weren't any better up ahead. He said he knew of a scenic overlook right off the main road we could go to insead, but I could tell he was disappointed. I felt bad.

He said the overlook was at the top of the next mountain, it wasn't. Nothing at the top of the second mountain either. He said we'd go one more & then he was stopping because at this point, it was starting to get dark. At the third mountain, again, there was no overlook. We pulled off & there happened to be a side road so we parked just off of it. It actually had a beautiful view of the mountains & down into the valley. I was snapping pictures & had Daddy hold your carrier on the guardrail so I could snap some of you. I'm so glad we did.. they turned out adorable & reminded us of a commercial that always made us think of you & laugh while I was still pregnant.



After this, Daddy kept asking me about this terribly awful looking road that went up the adjacent mountain & if we should try going up there. Little did I know he was trying to distract me. I said 'absolutely no't & it looked like a private drive. We were fine right where we were! At that moment, I turned around to see the two loves of my life. You, in your carrier gazing up at me & your Daddy next to you, down on one knee. I couldn't believe my eyes as he presented me with the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. I gave him the biggest hug & kiss, then of course... said 'yes'.

Although I never pictured things to happen in the sequence that they did, Kinsley, it meant the world to me to have you there with us. To witness your Daddy & I truly making a commitment to each, to vow to be together "'til death do us part." I love you both with all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment