CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grammy: Out of commission

Monday (3/7/11) around 11:20am, I got a call at work from Grammy that she needed to go to Urgent Care because she threw her back out. I immediately left & darted home. As soon as I got there, I packed you up & we headed up to St. Joseph's. By the time Grammy was in the back for awhile, you had woken up & it was time to eat. We went out to the car so I could feed you & ended up falling asleep together in the backseat. Grammy called & told us to go home because she had to get an IV & CT scan.

We went home for a few hours & you fell asleep on me. Phone rang around 4:30 & it was Grammy saying she was finished & to come pick her up. We got there & the nurse said she wasn't ready. An hour later I asked if we could please go back because she had called over an hour before. Poor Grammy was really sick from the pain medicine they gave her. You started to get fussy in the room so I took you out of your carrier & just held you. You were so happy then, just looking around all over the place. Before too long, we were able to leave.

We got home & put Grammy to bed. You & I picked up her medicine & settled in for the night. I called my boss, Matt, to see if I could come in the next day at noon to make sure everyone was okay. The next morning Grammy woke up & tried some toast. It didn't go over well. She felt nauseas & back to bed she went. I talked to Matt again & he said to just stay home, that you & Grammy were more important to take care of. I wasn't going to fight him, as guilty as I felt, I was happy to have a day at home with my baby doll! We took several little mini-naps together, mommy was wore out from all the commotion. Grammy felt better by that evening & was able to have a little dinner with me. You were such a good & patient little girl through the whole thing. Thank you, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment